Skip to content
- Knowledge is power! Learn as much as you can:
- Check out YouTube videos and relevant websites for young carers.
- Talk to librarians to get help finding good information.
- Ask your family doctor or other health care provider any questions you have. Bring a list of your questions with you to appointments.
- Call 211 or visit www.211.ca for free and confidential information about Canadian health and community services available in your area.
- Support matters! Connect with people when you can:
- Join a support group on your own or with your family if available locally or online.
- Contact a community organization relating to the issue your family is dealing with.
- Think about finding a different health care professional, if yours isn’t helpful.
- Find a trusted person who can be there for you.
- Be open and talk about your needs – exceptions can often be made at school if teachers are aware of your situation.
Back to ‘Your World’