Our communities can be positive places for young carers and their families. This can happen in a variety of ways:
- Explore ways to support young carers.
- Mobilize spiritual communities, neighbours and others to provide practical and emotional support for young carers and their families.
- Offer after-hours supports.
- Consider extending your support services to include weekends and evenings.
- Create on-call support options.
- Provide safe and comfortable spaces in community organizations and healthcare locations for young carers.
- Participate in fundraising and public awareness activities and events that support young carers.
- Don’t underestimate the impact you’re having as a caring adult.
- Share this information with your colleagues, other community members, and young carers.